Saturday, February 13, 2010

Digimon Tamers

Well the past few weeks I watched Digimon Frontier, Adventure, and 02 in that order + five Digimon movies. :D;

But Tamers is a season I have never watched before (besides the rare episode) so I figure a great thing to do is type up some sort of log as I watch. I've already finished the first episode, and for my first impressions? Takato killed a mouse, and yet I find him rather cute haha. I usually am negative against this series despite not watching a lot of episodes, but from what I saw in the dub originally all those years ago I really wasn't that into it. It should be very different with subs. I also watched an original Digimon Movie, the X-Evolution one. I found it pretty good, maybe better than the other movies (except War Game because Koushiro was adorable/awesome/hilarious) but the story, the fact that it had Silphymon (I like this Digimon a lot) and a lot of really awesome Digimon really appealed to me. Though ultimate (mega) Digimon seem very knight/robot/transformers-like I've noticed. It seems to be the trend nowadays to just make EVERY powerful Digimon like so. Back then it only a select few looked like this...no wonder they're called the Royal Knights...but so many other Digimon are like this too...

As for the first episode, I did not expect such a high voice for Takato. At least it's higher than Daisuke, Taichi, and Takuya's. I'm wondering if I do get through this season if I should watch Savers, but I'm not particularly sure. They reused Agumon, changed his design, threw away the goggles, and made everyone grow up; they also gave the only important female really really stereotypically-female-ish Digimon so... (all flowery and stuff. Even Mimi had a kickass boxing cactus before a flower Digimon and Izumi became a ninja...so...)

Anyway, the fact that I have NO IDEA what happens besides Leomon dying again, it being a very dark series, and something called the D-Reaper...this will be very interesting to go through. Until episode two! Which is...right after this post!

No comments: